The Hana Relay is an incredible fifty-two mile journey along 617 curves and over 56 bridges through the most breathtaking scenery in all of Maui. The 52-mile course begins near the Kahului Airport and will proceed along the Hana Highway to the area below the Ranch Store, AKA the old fair ground.
- ONLY ONE VEHICLE PER TEAM!
- Each team should consist of 6 members
- Each member MUST run 3 legs of the course (Approximately 2-3 miles a leg).
- Teams with less than 6 members will be placed in the Open Division
- Race Fee is $450.00 per team regardless of the number of runners/members
For purposes of competition and awards, divisions are:
PACKET PICK UP:
- Men’s Open
- Women’s Open
- Mixed (2 or more members of the opposite sex)
- Men’s Masters (members 40 years +)
- Women’s Masters (members 40 years +)
- Mixed Masters (members 40 years +)
Captains are required to pick up runners numbers, T-shirts, batons, vehicle placards, course rules, description and information. Extra t-shirts can also be purchased at this time.
POST RACE FUN:
- Date: The day before the race. September 8, 2017 --- NO RACE DAY PICK UP
- Time: 6-8pm
Ale House 355 E. Kamehameha Ave., Kahului, HI 96732
- VIRR MEMBERS will be refunded $25/member at packet pick up.
Refreshments, live music, food and awards. A local charity will be selling food at the finish line area.
MOST SPIRITED AWARD:
The Most Spirited Award will be given to the team that demonstrates good sportsmanship both on and off the course. Extra points for creative van decoration and/or zany costumes. No drug enhancements, please.